I am an Appalachain-American, in common terms, a hillbilly. I know God has a sense of humor as he has led our family to Cambridge England. Cambridge University is a jewel of refinement and tradition, undoubtedly one of the most civilized places on Earth. This environment provides quite a contrast to my Wild, Wonderful West Virgina. My new favorite pastime is comparing my home here with life back in the hills. You remember the Beverly Hillbillies, right? Well, we are the Cambridge Hillbillies.
1 comment:
From the Lowery's: The kids are growing up so fast. I'm glad to see Ginny's hair looking so great. Matt looks so handsome all dressed for school and Sara is turning out to be a beautiful young woman. I miss seeing them so bad it hurts. Thanks so much for putting your blog out there so I can peek in on everyone. The only bad thing is I haven’t seen much of Jim and nothing of you. I know you’re there so show yourself.
Post a Comment