This is what West Virginia looks like, at least the part we call home. Most of these pictures are from my aunt's farm in Clay County. A few pictures are from Tea Creek Camp Ground in Pocahontas County.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! What an incredibly delightful show! Worth seeing many times over!
From the Lowery's: This was just awesome! I have no idea how you did this through the tears you must have been shedding wanting to be home in WV. It made my eyes water and I’m living in WV and get to see the beauty everyday. I take it for granted and it is a wake up to see it through your eyes.
Everytime I watch it it is an emotional experience! I am glad you enjoyed it. Originally it was to show my friends here what 'home' is like for us, it has become a bit more personal than that. The picture of Ginny hugging my mom really does me in!
There is something about being away from home that makes you more in love with what is behind you, isn't there? When we were in Utah we were so proud to be "country" and were quick to let people know where we were from, and now, with Utah having been a temporary home, we are quick to tell people about our time out west! Enjoy your time and experience in England and come back home when you are ready to and brag to others of your time spent overseas!!
Jeana, you are so right. One of the ways we work through culture shock is to turn our hearts toward home. Nothing makes home sound quite so good as being with strange people in a strange place.
We are enjoying our time here so far. There is nothing quite as peaceful as knowing you are where you are supposed to be doing what God intends for you to do. Even so, I do miss home sometimes.
Post a Comment